The following entities or organizations have the following services at the airport:
Entities at the Airport
As a result of the expansion and modernization process of the El Dorado Airport, the Fontibón Hospital facilities were located at the exit of the New Terminal, Second Floor, public area. The new and modern facilities with approximately 56 m², has two basic areas: the first, vaccination for travelers, and the second, staff offices in charge of carrying out inspection, surveillance and control works at the Airport.
Location: New Terminal Exit, Second Floor, Public Area.
Telephone: (+571) 486 00 33 (Bogotá)
Opening hours: 07:00 – 18:00
Airport Health Services offers the following health care services to El Dorado passengers:
- Patient monitoring.
- Emergency management.
- Emergency medical transport.
- Passenger under special medical conditions evaluation, using air transport service.
Airport health facilities at El Dorado Airport are equipped with:
- 1 General Practice.
- 2 Procedure Rooms:
• 1 room for minor procedures equipped with:
– 3 stretchers for patient observation.
• 1 room for advanced resuscitation equipped with:
– Crash cart
– Vital signs monitor
- 3 Basic ambulances and 1 Back up ambulance, enabled and registered with the health secretariat.
Providing a quality service to the passengers of the El Dorado Airport is a priority for airport health, for that reason we have a highly qualified team made up by:
- 1 general practitioner – 24 hours
- 1 general practitioner – 6 hours
- 6 auxiliaries APH – Pre-hospital care
- 4 drivers APH – Pre-hospital care
- 1 regulator
Requirements to access Colsanitas services
- Identification document that can be:
– Citizenship card.
– Alien Registration Certificate.
– Identity card orbirth record for minors.
- Ticket or pass that accredits you as a user of the air transport system. (Mandatory)
- Medical history including medical examinations, medical documentation and medication formulas.
- Authorization to fly issued by the treating physician.
- Medical certification which must be issued by the medical professional in charge of the medical or surgical procedures performed on the passenger.
Vaccination Hours: Open 07:00 to 18:00
These hours may vary according to the influx of passengers taking this service and will be determined by the Fontibón Hospital. In such a case through this, and other channels, we will be notifying changes.
The Health Office of the Fontibón Hospital offers the free application of the following vaccines:
If you live in or plan to travel to jungle areas below 1,800 meters above sea level, you should be vaccinated against yellow fever at least 10 days before you travel. See Ministry of Health and Social Protection Circular – Yellow Fever.
Vaccination protocols recommend the use of the MMR vaccine: measles, mumps and rubella, in children at least 9 months old, with a booster dose upon entering school.
Vaccination protocols recommend the use of the MMR vaccine: measles, mumps, and rubella, which shows an effective and safe result in almost all the people it is administered to.
A booster is recommended every 10 years. Reinforcement is usually done whenever the patient suffers an injury when vaccination is uncertain. Any others that are needed in the children’s schedule at the time of travel.